Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cliff Jumping...way more intense than HSM

When I was at Camp Cedar Cliff this summer, I was able to go on a trip up to some trails in the mountains and also jump from a waterfall, known as Courthouse Falls.  About a 45 foot jump.  When we were riding up there, it started to lightening and rain.  Well a few day earlier I was almost struck by lightening while doing a devotion inside of a van.  It was literally 5 feet away.  It ran through a metal chain, burnt the post that the chain was wrapped around, and made a huge hole in the ground.  I had 10 screaming, crying boys instantly.  So let's just say I am more aware of lightening now and what it can do.

Anyways it stopped lightening and we hiked up to the water fall.  I got in the water and it was frigid.  I am not talking about somewhat cold, I am talking about loosing your breath cold.  So after all of us stared at the waterfall, a good majority went up to the top.  It was really hard just to get up there and even scarier looking down.  I was basically thrown into jumping after a couple other people in front of me didn't want to go then.  I stood there on the edge holding on a tree for dear life and became really scared.  I prayed there right on the tree.  After about 3 minutes, I got everyone to give me a countdown.  5,4,3,2,1...I jumped!

When I was in the air it felt like an eternity.  Basically you don't think...your mind goes blank in the air.  I had Chacos on so I felt pressure when my feet hit, but I wasn't in any pain.  More and more people went until one girl landed in the upright seat position...let's just say she had bruises all over her legs.  I don't think anyone went after that.

So now I am on my first day on the job in the science library and itching to go jumping again.  It is one adrenaline pumping thrill.























P.S.  A freshman approached me and talked to me about a girl and how they broke up and mentioned that he was an atheist.  Please pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment