Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Come Back Kids

So I went to the Braves game on Monday.  As I was driving with a few friends, I saw some dark ominous (uh oh big word) clouds, which hinted that maybe it would rain in ATL.  But then there were nice happy clouds as well so it was kind of a mixed bag of weatherlyness.  So the whole ride there was rain, no rain, rain, no rain, repeat multiple times.  We stop in the best place known to man and wild, Taco Bell, and my friend and I split a grande meal.  Oh yeah, it was like a slightly bigger slice of Heaven.  Finding parking is well, easy...finding free parking is well, impossible.  When we get there it wasn't raining so of course I forget my rain jacket.  During batting practice we get close to catching a ball, but that is beside the point.

The game was a pitchers duel because it was 1 to 1 for the longest time.  We had decent seats, but when I went to get my jacket, a man gave me his tickets because there is no re-entry (stupid) and he was leaving.  It turned out that these were basically behind home plate.  So Ryan and I both sat there for the next three innings.  The Dodgers score two runs in the 8th off of two Brooks Conrad errors.  I was so mad because no one can take the place of Chipper Jones (injured after tearing his acl) and Brooks was definitely showing it.  So it's the bottom of the 9th, down 3-1, and the rally video gets all of us pumped from random movie clips and old games.  The Tomahawk Chop is indeed pretty amazing to see.  So the braves get a few walks and a single and a passed ball to make the game 2-3.  Melky comes up to the plate and gets a single with the bases loaded and brings in two runs to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, 4-3.  I was screaming, jumping, and then hugging my bro without even thinking about it.  On the way back, I was one of thousands walking through the walkways yelling the Braves chant, doing the Tomahawk Chop, and giving random dudes high fives.  It was a beautiful sight.  Wish it was on video.

The drive back wasn't as long.  I didn't get really that tired even though it was 1 am.  I guess I still had too much energy from that game.  It is one thing watching your favorite team on TV come back and win, but it is another thing to see it in person.

P.S. THANKS BOBBY!

No comments:

Post a Comment