Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CaroWINds

Sunburned, laughing till you couldn't breathe any more, heckling the employees on the rapids ride (one of the employees told us to after the ride broke down), asking the venders for ridiculous things like "How much for the lemons in the lemonade but not the lemonade?" or "Do you sell fake abs?" or "Do you have hard frozen lemonade instead of soft frozen lemonade?" or "Guess how many freckles I have?" (to the lady who guesses your age or birthday to win a prize), double heel clicking, doing a photo shoot for the guys who take your picture as you walk in, get minor burns on your feet as you walk barefoot on the concrete in the water park, flicking powerade tops to each other, talking to random people, eating 15 slices of pizza at cici's, almost overdrafting with $.83 left in your bank account, jammin' to tunes in a non-air conditioned car on a 95° day, playing car games like counting all the yellow cars and punch bugs (it gets intense) and the best of all, playing marco polo with a couple hundred people in the wave pool.

So I guess I will explain more of the marco polo thing. Me and the rest of the gang head on into the wave pool. The PFDs (personal flotation device) caught my eyes as I was running into the water. I grabbed one and put it on...I found out it was made for toddlers but it still barely fit while partially choking me. After the waves stop it turns into your ordinary ridiculously big pool. I was already getting stares from everyone with my PFD, but I got a lot more when I shouted to the top of my lungs, "MARCO!!!" A couple people said Polo the first time, then more the second, then after a few times the whole wave pool of about a couple hundred people yell, "POLO!!!" I had my eyes closed and I said something like, "I feel like I am at a concert or something." I peeked just to see how many people were there and it was unbelievable. There was a lot of empty space around me and everyone seemed to be playing. I mean it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Some people asked if we could stop and the lifeguards refused from what my friend told me.

So the moral of the story is: when your bored waiting for the waves to come back on in a wave pool, play marco polo (and bring a video camera cause I didn't.)













I didn't take this but this is an underestimate of somewhat how many people were there...It was a hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment