Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Forgot About This...

So on Saturday, May 15 (before I had a blog), I came home from playing paintball with some radians--people that go to radius.  I was dirty, sweaty, painty, basically looking forward to a nice cool shower.  My mom called me while she was at home while I was on my way to play earlier that day to let me know that she would put the spare key outside so I could get in.  Well I come home and the door is locked.  I look for the key in the place and it isnt there.  So I just sit around for 30 min outside in the afternoon heat just frustrated.  I think to go to the place behind our house that the key used to be in and it wasn't there but I find two kittens.  They were abandoned and had flies, mosquitoes, and a bunch of goop around their eyes which basically made their eyes mostly closed.  One couldn't even walk straight and fell down a lot.  I just wanted to keep walking by, but I couldn't...I felt a moral obligation to help but I couldnt really couldn't do anything.  It ended up being 3 hours with these kittens that followed me around meowing at me to help.  I got cat food and soap from neighbors washed them off after I gained my composure and my parents showed up a little bit later.  We got some of the goop out and they never ate cat food but it was worth a try.  We got them kitten milk (I didn't know that existed in stores) and fed them with a bottle.  They hated the bottle because they didn't know what it was.  Plus the fact that they were almost dead didn't help.  We had to feed them like a little baby--every 2-3 hours.  Eventually a friend of my sister decided to take them after 3 days of taking care of them, which seemed like forever because they rarely stopped meowing and waking me up in the middle of the night.

Lesson leaned:  I am not ready for a baby because that is what you have to put up with only you have to change diapers as well.  Well yeah that is about it. From what I have heard they are doing a lot better and now are normal.

Then:

Now:

No comments:

Post a Comment